Saturday, October 11, 2014

Desk Job

The first school I taught at had few of the luxuries the standard teacher would like. One of those luxuries was having your own classroom. We had to move from classroom to classroom and we could never maintain the desk arrangement we wanted.

This year at my new school I was assigned my very own classroom! Al my paperwork and my work space is on one place! I was getting so much.more work done than ever before. But these las few months I have become more and more comfortable, too comfortable in fact, behind my desk. I don't walk around as much as I used to and as much as I know this needs to change, I find that I am glued to my chair.

So here's the plan. I will from now on ensure that I am standing when my learners arrive and remain so for the duration of the lesson.

On the bright side, it's good to experience such things, because one learns new ways to solve problems. And being able to identify the problem is really how we move forward and be better teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment